Most popular GIFs of 2021, according to Giphy
The most used GIFs of the year are a strange end-of-year tradition from Giphy. It might sound like a bit of fun that you’ll spend 30 seconds watching and forget about it until next December. However, the most used GIFs manage to say something about the year fading in the rearview mirror.
These GIFs are a big part of how we communicate in texts and social media, and can provide insight into the year. This may reflect sentiment like the sheer number of positive GIFs that were on last year’s list. It may also reflect memes that briefly gained attention. (The Weeknd at the Super Bowl halftime show?) Or the people and shows that caught our attention. (Kathryn Hahn and Wandavision?)
The 2021 list has more pop culture ties than last year and doesn’t have the same kind of heartwarming undertone. But it still reflects a lot of the year that is almost over.
Here are the best GIFs of 2021.
10. “Happy Baby Yoda” from Disney +
9. “Happy Dance” by Foodieg
8. “Daphne Bridgerton Laughing” by Netflix
7. âThe Weeknd Halftime Performanceâ by the NFL
6. âPeppa Pig ‘Â¡Feliz Cumple!’ Â»By Discovery LA
5. “Kathryn Hahn Winking” from Disney +
4. “Sad Pikachu” by Pokemon
3. “Oh no” by The Great British Bake Off
2. “Tired Tom” by HBO Max
1. “Bored Stanley” by The Office
Want more thrills? Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok and Snapchat.