The Mark24 Baseball Apparel Fundraiser for Dad is Coming Soon

On its Facebook page on November 13, Baseball for Dad told the community that they will soon be hosting a new fundraiser to raise money for their organization’s work; to end the stigma surrounding mental health by creating awareness and normalizing conversations about mental health. They said they would team up with schools, organizations and workplaces to sell Mark24 clothing, with 60% of the proceeds going to the Baseball for Dad’s Kindness Moose program and the remaining 40% going to the host organization.

Baseball for Dad is a non-profit charitable organization established in honor of Mark Snider who tragically lost his battle with mental illness and committed suicide in 2019. It was established in Mark’s honor by his mother Louri, to eliminate the stigma of mental illness. Since their inception, they’ve come up with a plethora of initiatives like placing baseball gloves around the world (baseball being Mark’s favorite sport), the Buddy Bench program, their Kindness Moose program, their rental business. Moosing Around party, their Green Ribbon initiative and now the Mark24 clothing line. The Mark24 clothing, according to the Baseball for Dad website, is aimed at spreading kindness, raising awareness and normalizing conversations about mental health, and breaking down the stigma surrounding mental health. All proceeds from Mark 24 sales are donated to mental health and caring initiatives, and the Mark24 store can be found at www.baseballfordad.com.

As always, Mark’s mother Louri Snider is a very busy woman, but she says it’s a good deal.

“When I’m not working full time, I deliver Kindness Moose, I chat with families, I pack and deliver Mark24 clothes, I put on the Beary Christmas lighting, I put on gloves and benches, and I am now planning our first flashlight. candy cane hunt. This week I’m also helping my daughter-in-law with cleaning, painting and moving into her new home, ”she says.

Snider says Baseball for Dad started talking about the Mark24 merchandise a year ago, and their initial planning was to raise awareness by saying to wear it, share it, and normalize the conversation about mental health.

“Over the past year, we’ve been working on details like where the profits go, the brand name, the online store, fundraising opportunities, and having Mark24 clothing in the stores. stores, ”she said.

Recently, Baseball for Dad announced that they would team up with schools, organizations and workplaces to sell Mark24 clothing, with 60% of the proceeds going to the Baseball for Dad’s Kindness Moose program and the remaining 40% going to the host organization.

“We’ve had a lot of inquiries which is fantastic. We’ve only posted it on the Baseball for Dad Facebook page so far. We have to send emails to the schools next week. Although we have heard from the North Addington Education Center Public School [in Cloyne, Ontario], and we’re thrilled to organize a fundraiser with NAEC, ”she said.

Snider says they launched the Mark 24 online store on October 27 and plan to add new things to the store each season. All proceeds from sales are donated to mental health awareness and caring initiatives. She says they have six Canadian companies they are currently buying goods from and are looking at other options.

“We don’t have a deadline for the fundraising opportunity. It’s a win / win for the Kindness Moose program and the schools. Together we are creating the necessary change around mental health and wellness by wearing and sharing Mark24. I don’t have a favorite piece because I love everything and what it represents. M for mental health issues, A for awareness, R for removing stigma, K for kindness and 24 is Mark’s preferred number, with 24 hashtags attached, ”she says. “We recently added 24/7, after an amazing woman who advocates for mental health suggested it.”


Source link

Comments are closed.